March 27, 2013
Mark your calendars, this is a deeply meditative experience you do not want to miss! World-renowned artist, Matt Venuti is playing the Hang during our next Yoga Nidra offering, on April 7th, 2013 at Lotus Living Arts Studio of Concord. Class begins promptly at 6:30pm, feel free to bring any comfort items with you, a blanket, pillow, journal, etc. Donation-only offering, recommended $10-$25 cash or check at door, pay what you can.
March 15, 2013
So, while it seems as though we are being teased a lot this season with Spring, the buds are beginning to blossom and many of the birds that have migrated for the winter are making their re-appearance to our area. Oh, the glorious sounds and sights of Spring!
This is also the time of year that we “clear out” everything in our life that is no longer serving our greater well-being, giving a whole new meaning to “spring cleaning”.
There are countless simple actions and daily rituals that I find are quite effective at maintaining a pure, healthy and peaceful environment, and first we must acknowledge that our outer environment is exactly the same as our inner environment. If our homes, offices, cars, schedules, etc. are a mess – so are our minds, families, relationships, health and personal energies.
So, for this season I invite you to earnestly adopt simple ways to bring purity to all aspects of your life. Some of these tips should help:
- Greet each new morning with a gratitude for a new day by bringing palms together, bowing to the day with a smile.
- Allow at least 5 minutes first thing in the morning, and again in the evening to sit in meditation. All you need is to have awareness of the breath…just breath consciously and be still.
- At least once a day light a candle, burn an incense stick, or smudge your space with sage or sweet-grass. Your energy field will thank you.
- Spend 10 minutes each day to de-clutter something in your life. This could be one drawer, a kitchen cupboard, a closet, your schedule, your flower bed, etc.
- Watch what you nourish your body with! Is your food providing you with vital life-force energy? Make a healthy commitment to only eating organic vegetables and if you aren’t vegan, why not give it a try for a week, and see how you feel!
- Designate time during each day for work, time for your family and friends, and time just for you. “You-time” can be as simple as enjoying a chapter in a book, having a cup of tea, a walk around the block, a spontaneous dance party, spontaneous savasana, the possibilities are endless as long as you set this as a priority.
So with these small things each day, you will automatically be creating 30 minutes a day of healthy, peaceful practices for your inner and outer environment. Add in some physical activity and you are a champ at taking care of you! (I recommend brisk walking, Yoga asana, biking, hiking and don’t forget to stretch well)