February 10, 2014
Warm Tips for Loving a Snow Day
Here in Charlotte, we are expecting an unusual snow storm coming through the area this week. We can choose to complain about the change, or embrace it creating loving moments that will be lasting memories. Here are a few of my favorite things to do on a snow-day, keeping my heart, body and mind warm. I invite you to try some for yourself. Enjoy!
- Drinking hot tea and savoring it.
- Baking delicious bread or muffins, or trying a new soup recipe I’ve been thinking about (maybe both).
- Turning on my favorite Pandora channel, and hand-writing cards to loved ones.
- Making paper snowflakes and hanging them over my kitchen sink to admire.
- Spontaneous dance party, just because.
- Rolling out my Yoga mat. No explanation needed.
- Lighting candles all over the room and snuggling four-legged babies with a good book.
- Clearing something out in the house. Re-organizing a drawer, cupboard or closet. So rewarding.
- Taking a hot bath. There’s no better practice for gratitude, to have a whole tub full of hot water just for your body!
- Catch up on phone calls. It feels better to hear your loved one’s voice.
- Anyone else who needs snuggling, it’s the best time to do it!
- Bring it, Mother Nature! Love-tank is full.